We are delighted to announce we had our ISO 45001 audit and we are now officially a certified organisation. ISO 45001 is the International Standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S) enabling us to proactively manage our OH&S performance, preventing injury and ill-health. This is a huge achievement for the whole team and a credit to all the hard work everyone put in.
What are the Benefits of ISO 45001?
- Improved ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues.
- Reducing the overall costs of incidents
- Reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
- Reducing the costs of insurance premiums
- Reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
- Recognition of having achieved an international benchmark (which in turn may influence customers who are concerned about their social responsibilities)
What this means for us?
Having ISO 45001 certification confirms that the processes and policies we have in place are to an internationally recognised standard. It showcases our commitment to our employees and clients with regard to their occupational health and safety, shows our commitment to continuous improvement and to meeting new standards.
Working toward ISO 45001 certification in the middle of a pandemic not only put pressure on us to ensure all the new regulations and measures introduced by the government were in place for the safety of our employees and clients, but it also allowed us the opportunity to see everything we had implemented for ISO 45001 coming into effect. It demonstrated the true value of the standard and why it is so important to have these measures in place.
What does this mean for clients?
- Improved business performance – reduces workplace illness and injury and increases productivity.
- Consistency while operating best practices
- Lower insurance costs – proves due diligence
- Better identification of hazards and risks
- Improved efficiency internally – reducing accidents, dangers, and downtime
- Improved safety of all persons affected by the company’s activities
- Monitoring and measurement of key performance indicators in health & safety provides objective data for management to base decisions on
- Internal auditing – acts as a warning system for threats to health and safety
- Operations are proactive rather than reactive
- We are committed to the safety and welfare of our team
What is next for us?
Over the coming weeks and months we will be reviewing all the findings from our audit and assessing areas in which we can develop even more. We are committed to improving for our clients and our employees in any way we possibly can. As more information is provided by the government with regards to Covid-19 we will adjust and incorporate whatever we have to in order to ensure we can continue to provide a world class service for our clients.
For more information on our services click the button below.