Electrical Engineers – Graduate
Are you meeting your potential?
At Premium Power we challenge and develop our engineers to meet their true capability.
We are currently looking for Power Systems Engineers who wish to expand their engineering knowledge and are keen to undertake new challenges, to work at our Dublin offices.
Premium Power Ltd.
Premium Power is an electrical engineering consultancy and solutions provider.
We develop solutions for global blue chip companies, particularly in the demanding high tech manufacturing and data centre sectors.
We work with clients throughout Europe from our base in Dublin and our satellite office in Manchester.
We offer an open and collaborative environment where employees are supported in achieving their goals. We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow and succeed in their careers.
This role is based in North County Dublin, with occasional travel to client sites.
The Position – Electrical Engineer – Graduate
Purpose of Role:
To work as a power engineer on a range of exciting projects for global clients in a rewarding team environment.
To develop technical and solution development skills to develop into an industry recognised consulting engineer.
The position would suit a practical and adaptable individual who wishes to work in a progressive innovative electrical consultancy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Carry out system stability, symmetrical component and system impedance analysis, protection co-ordination studies, harmonic distortion analysis and mitigation solution design, for utility connected, generator paralleled and islanded generation systems.
Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish optimum solutions, bearing in mind relevant international standards.
Compile professional technical reports and solution designs.
Conduct electrical risk analysis and management
Typical projects include:
- Strategic power system analysis: redundancy, short circuit, power flow, protection coordination
- Electrical safety analysis: arc flash and electrical risk assessments
- Grid connection and embedded generation connections analysis: static & dynamic transient stability, harmonics, flicker, transformer inrush
- Power quality evaluation: earthing, harmonics, sag ride-through
- Electrical systems reliability assessments
- Software based analysis solutions
- Supporting wind project and installation teams
- Emerging technology reviews
- Failure investigations and advice
Experience and Qualifications:
The applicant should have a Primary (Hons) or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering – Power discipline.
Applicants must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
Skills & Characteristics:
Suitable to graduates with a desire to learn and develop into competent consulting engineer.
Full clean driver’s license and valid passport.
The role will require occasional travel to client sites within Ireland and occasionally abroad.
Above all to show enthusiasm and passion to succeed.
What we can offer
- 25 days holiday
- Income Protection – to cover you in the event of long term disability/ invalidity
- Life assurance – to provide for your dependents in the event of death in service
- Pension – we offer matched contribution on probation pass
- Health insurance – 100% non contributory health insurance scheme, on 1 year’s seniority
- Transport subsidies on commuting costs
- Learning and development opportunities
- 100% sponsored sports and social
How to Apply
Email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a permanent role, subject to successful completion of probationary period.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.