About the job
Post Title : Graduate Automation Engineer
Post Duration: Permanent Full Time
Reports to: PME Team Lead
Premium Power is an Irish electrical engineering consultancy providing risk management solutions for high tech manufacturing, data centre, utility and renewable sectors. We design and deliver specialist electrical systems, using power system studies, power quality and reliability mitigation solutions.
The team is made up of multidisciplinary experts which include:
• Electrical Engineers who model and design electrical systems using power systems analysis of short circuit, protection coordination, arc flash, load flow, dynamic stability.
• Power quality specialists who use power monitoring systems to measure power quality features such as harmonics, voltage sags and interruptions.
• Software engineers, using latest IOT Technology to optimise power and energy management systems by proactively setting up alerts and notification when system changes occur and analyse trends which may be an indication of some system weakness or failure point in the future.
• Electrical Health and safety consultants, who understand the particular risks associated with working on live electrical systems. We provide training, and consultancy on electrical procedures, risk assessments and compliance inspections.
Electrical power systems are crucial for the low carbon future. The internet of things has expanded to include large parts of electrical systems in the industrial, datacentre and utility sectors.
This role is a key opportunity to build a career as a data integration, customisation and solution development expert with the latest electrical systems technology on the planet.
The graduate automation engineer role in Premium Power will see the right graduates develop their expertise in advanced power systems management tools, databases, custom development, networking technologies, automation and more.
The role requires graduates who are willing and eager to learn the skills necessary to deploy next generation power management technologies.
This position focuses on the deployment of customised solutions in Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) for key accounts in the industrial , datacentre and utility sectors.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Designing, implementing and documenting power system solutions for key customers.
• Designing front end systems.
• Customising reporting system.
• Developing proposals for customers.
• Meeting and engaging with end clients.
• Supporting and responding to customer queries.
Experience and Qualifications
• A graduate degree or higher in a relevant stem / engineering area.
• Experience with programming technologies
• Experience with database technology
• Experience with networking (IP) technology
• Full clean driver’s license
• Willingness to travel as required – up to 30%.
Further Information for Candidates:
At Premium Power we offer world class experience in an open and collaborative environment where employees are supported in their goals. We invest in our employees and care about their success. Providing guidance and tools to help them along their career path. We seek to continuously learn, evolve, and strive to be the company of choice. The work is flexible, with opportunities to travel and a nurturing environment in a growing company that rewards individual performance. Our benefits include:
• 25 days holiday.
• Income Protection – to cover you in the event of long term disability/ invalidity.
• Life assurance – to provide for your dependents in the event of death in service.
• Pension – we offer matched contribution on probation pass.
• Health insurance – 100% non-contributory health insurance scheme, on 1 year’s seniority.
• Transport subsidies on commuting costs.
• Learning and development opportunities.
• 100% sponsored sports and social.
*Salary: Above Industry average
(*Depending on qualifications)
Electrical Engineering Consultancy
Location: Balbriggan, North County Dublin or Dublin City Centre
How to Apply
Email your CV & Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applicants must have valid work permissions in place in order to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.