UCD STUDENT PLACEMENT
If you are interested in completing your internship placement at Premium Power please complete the form below and attach your CV and someone from our careers team will get back to you.
Premium Power work with high-tech companies in helping manage their electrical assets. By:
- Reduction in operating costs by managing electrical assets
- Help eliminate system outages: Ensuring continuity of production of high-value product by minimising interruption from power quality and supply issues. Consult and provide tools for network management to prevent outages – alarms, breaker trips, fault detection and direction, root cause analysis.
- Manage Risks – All risks need to be assessed and addressed. Electrical risks need to be managed from a safety and cost-benefit perspective.
- Energy Cost Management – Billing systems, load shedding, forecasting, benchmarking, production and generation schedules.
Products and Services:
Power Systems Studies:
- Protection coordination, short circuit, arc flash, power quality and generation interconnection.
Power Monitoring Systems:
- Energy and power quality meter supply and management.
Power Quality Studies:
- Temporary studies, troubleshooting and remedial recommendations made.
- Arc Flash studies, risk assessments, safety audits and gap analysis, electrical safety training.
- Harmonic Filter design and supply. Passive, Active and tracking filter design and supply for MV and LV.
- Detailed Design, Project Management, Construction Management, Commissioning. Specialists in Industrial and data centre design.
- Main Activities
Learn power systems analysis techniques and how the power industry is using the latest digital tools in transforming and optimising system design and system reliability.
Learn how to carry out system stability, symmetrical component and system impedance analysis, protection co-ordination studies, harmonic distortion analysis and mitigation solution design
Assisting with power quality surveys using the best PQ metering devices on the market. Analyse PQ data and assist in report writing.
Be mentored by experienced engineers who consult customers such as Amazon, Pfizer, Google, Microsoft on electrical reliability issues.
Operate according to accredited ISO9001 quality systems, ISO45001 Health and Safety standards
- Skills Required
- Engineering Degree (incl. Engineering and Management)
- Interested in and shows aptitude for power quality and reliability-related issues
- Strong maths and computer proficiency.
Please complete the form below if you are interested in a placement with us.