We are actively seeking a Electrical and Controls Technician to join our well regarded engineering team.
Opportunities are available in our head office in Balbriggan, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
Details of the Role
This is a technical role as a hardware and software commissioning and support technician. Working on energy management and power management systems for our manufacturing and data centre clients.
The ideal candidate for this position would have a background in control systems, PLC programming, communication networks, database administration, fault finding and system commissioning.
Support electrical /automation projects in manufacturing facilities
Support maintenance, commissioning and continuous improvement activities
Ensure software is updated, perform fault diagnosis and resolution
Assist in the development of PLCs/HMI/SCADA/Control Systems/SQL Server databases
Support group project teams on larger installation/commissioning projects
Investigate plant failures and implement prevention techniques
In particular, we are looking for the following:
Well-rounded individuals with the ability to work as part of a team;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Practical on-site experience
Experience of commissioning and project management
Strong computer and network skills
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of Level 7 Qualification in Electrical Engineering, Automation & Control or electrical technician
- Previous experience as an electrician would be an advantage
- Good understanding of factory automation products (PLC’s, HMI’s, Inverters, Software, Control Gear)
- Knowledge of SQL Server database management and scripting would be an advantage
- Have the ability to communicate on a technical level with our customers, offering advice and support on the implementation of control and automation products
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work collaboratively with clients to meet project specifications
- Possess good organisational skills
- Possess practical hands on skills
- Full clean driving license
- Must be able to travel country wide and abroad (if required)
What we can offer
- Premium Power offers the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing sector on a diverse range of technical, strategic and regulatory consultancy projects.
- Premium Power employees work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, whilst earning market leading salaries.
- Market leading salaries
- Discretionary annual performance based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- High commitment by management to training and career development.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a copy of their CV, along with a covering letter explaining why they would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.