Elevated levels of harmonic current and/or voltage impact the performance of sensitive systems, susceptible to harmonic distortion, and reduce the reliability of the plant.
Presence of harmonics in the system may not always create an issue in a short run. There are however long term consequences, which should be considered. The main issues would be: deterioration of equipment leading to reduced lifespan, increased losses, overheating, reduced reliability leading to increased process interruptions (i.e.: failures of drives, PLC’s or Power Supplies) or communication interference.
Benefits of the Premium Power Approach
- Partnership with key customers
- Proactive approach to risk management
- Experienced personnel
- Quantify & Identify electrical risks
- Provide potential insurance premium gains
- Identify issues before outages occur
- Understanding of the cost benefit of investment
- Solutions to optimise reliability presented in a cost value process for optimal return on investment
- We provide quality assurance through compliance with ISO:9001 and OHSAS:18001
- We ensure outlay on reliability and redundancy meets the reliability requirements of the operation
- Assist in implementing asset management standards, such as Pas55/ISO55000. This can offer greater transparency to top management regarding plant & equipment condition. This informs both engineering and financial teams.