Power Systems Engineer
Premium Power has a strong existing workload and an excellent client base and has growth plans, particularly in the fields of renewable energy power systems design services. This is building on our excellent reputation and experience in the utility generation & distribution, industrial, pharmaceutical and data centre sectors.
We are actively seeking power systems engineers to join our extremely well regarded consultancy team.
Opportunities are available in our head office in Balbriggan, Co Dublin.
Details of the Role
The ideal candidate for this position would be experienced in their field and have practical experience of transmission, distribution, and industrial or generation projects.
It is critical that the candidate has an excellent client focus and is able to interpret client requirements and manage and deliver sometimes difficult or complex projects to their satisfaction. This would include engaging proactively with clients to ensure that the scope is understood as well as maintaining client relationships, undertaking and managing project work, writing and reviewing documents and reports.
Ideally the candidate will have experience of power systems modelling. It is not critical to have experience in any given software but a good understanding of steady state studies is required and some experience of dynamic studies is a plus.
Typical projects include:
- Strategic power system analysis
- Software based analysis solutions
- Supporting wind project and installation teams
- Generation connections
- Emerging technology reviews
- Failure investigations and advice
It is a feature of much of our work that, although the core content is highly technical in nature, the results often have to be presented to various stakeholders in a way that is readily understood. The candidate should be able to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner whilst still being capable of technical discussions at a high level.
What we are looking for
We are looking for individuals who have a project or practical background. We are flexible on the background experience of the candidate but we are interested in candidates with professional experience of working with large and/or critical electrical power systems (power stations, data centres, pharmaceutical or other large industrial plants) or experience of designing and specifying electrical equipment (generators, switchgear and protection equipment, harmonic filters, HVDC systems, drives, inverters, transformers, earthing systems).
In particular, we are looking for the following:
- Well-rounded individuals with the ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Practical on-site experience
- Experience of design and specification of electrical equipment and systems
- Experience of commissioning and project management
- Strong analytical skills
- A working knowledge and/or good awareness of IEC standards, Engineering Recommendations and other international standards such as IEEE/ANSI.
What we can offer
- Premium Power offers the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing sector on a diverse range of technical, strategic and regulatory consultancy projects.
- Premium Power employees work on interesting projects in a relaxed and friendly environment, whilst earning market leading salaries.
- Market leading salaries
- Discretionary annual performance based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- High commitment by management to training and career development.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a copy of their CV, along with a covering letter explaining why they would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org