Please take a few moments to read this Site Induction.
Welcome to Premium Power
To protect the safety, health and welfare of yourself and all other occupants of this building, and to protect the environment, you are required to follow any instruction, verbal or written, relating to safety, health, welfare and the environment during your visit. Please take time to read our OH&S Policy as it encompasses our primary objective of minimising OHS hazards and risks and working toward maintaining a healthy and safe working environment for all employees and applicable interested parties. Non-compliance may result in an unsafe working environment, increased injury and accident rates and poor compliance with applicable legal and other requirements. All contractors coming on site must complete this contractor induction and sign the below document and return by email or remotely via link.
Also, please familiarise yourself with the controls in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 among contractors and employees:
- All contractors coming on site must complete F085 Contractor / Visitor Form within three days of visit online or scan and return by email.
- Contractor access will be limited to essential visits only.
- Access should be organised for times of lowest occupancy or outside normal working hours if possible.
- Contractors must don a face mask for the duration of their visit.
- Contractors must sanitise hands upon entering and exiting offices.
- Contractors must adhere to two-meter social distance limit in place at all times while on-site.
There is one Emergency Exit to the exterior of the building through the building entrance. Follow the illuminated emergency exit signs on each floor.
If you hear the fire alam
Leave the building immediately and proceed to the Upper Car Park via the metal footbridge across the pond directly in front of the office (The designated assembly point is adjacent to the metal footbridge in the Upper Car Park of the Balbriggan office).
Do not delay to collect any equipment or personal belongings, but do make sure to leave the escape route unobstructed for other evacuees.
Open the emergency exit door to the exterior (office front door) by activating the green break-glass Emergency Door Release in order to secure the door in the ‘open’ position for subsequent evacuees.
Remain at the assembly point until instructed otherwise by Premium Power or the Fire Brigade.
If you discover a fire
Activate the nearest break-glass manual call point, and proceed to the designated assembly point in accordance with the instruction ‘If you hear the fire alarm’ above.
A break-glass manual call point is located adjacent to the emergency exit door on each floor.
Details of work to be undertaken
Before commencing work, the Contractor must inform the Premium Power site contact person fully about the hazards and risks to safety, health and the environment associated with the work to be undertaken. Risk Assessments will be requested for works which could impact on health and safety of employees, visitors and other contractors.
- equipment that will be used (such as step-ladders, power tools, trailing leads etc);
- materials and substances that will be used; and
- any work requiring de-energisation of any electrical circuit at a switchboard.
- Always ensure access and egress routes for all three floors are kept clear.
- Fire extinguishers and Break Glass units are to be kept clear on all floors at all times (BGU located at main exit point on each floor).
- Fire doors should not be propped in an open position at any time.
- Work areas will be left clean and tidy and clear of debris with all waste material disposed in the correct manner.
- Paper, cardboard, plastic, metal cans
- Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE)(incl batteries)
- Other hazardous waste
- Non-hazardous non-recyclable (food waste etc)
First Aid locations are denoted by the following Sign:
Main Office: Kitchenette on the First Floor of the Main Office
Dublin Office: Main Office Area
All safety and health related incidents (including accidents, ‘near-miss’ incidents) shall be reported as soon as practicable after the incident to a member of Premium Power staff.
If you have any suggestions which may contribute to the continual improvement of our OHSMS, please raise them with the primary Premium Power contact directly.
Please sign record below or Log Book to acknowledge that you have read the contractor induction and are willing to adhere to the outlined controls