The Position – Power SCADA Engineer
About Premium Power Ltd.
Premium Power is a dynamic engineering company focused on mission critical reliability for electrical power systems in high technology processes.
We work closely with our industrial, data centre and utility clients to ensure improvements in electrical system reliability and to resolve complex electrical-related problems.
Our engineers are exposed to some of the most diverse and challenging electrical projects for industrial, data centres and utility customers.
We are expanding our expert engineering capability and are recruiting a Power SCADA Engineer to join our team of electrical engineering consultants. We offer advanced electrical technical training where you can expect to build on your experience and skills in a supportive and challenging environment.
Details of the Role
This is a technical role as a hardware and software commissioning engineer. Working on energy management and power management systems for our manufacturing and data centre clients.
The ideal candidate for this position would have a background in control systems, PLC programming, communication networks, database administration, fault finding and system commissioning.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support electrical /automation projects in manufacturing facilities
- Support maintenance, commissioning and continuous improvement activities
- Ensure software is updated, perform fault diagnosis and resolution
- Assist in the development of PLCs/HMI/SCADA/Control Systems/SQL Server databases
- Support group project teams on larger installation/commissioning projects
- Investigate plant failures and implement prevention techniques
In particular, we are looking for the following:
- Well-rounded individuals with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Practical on-site experience
- Experience of commissioning and project management
- Strong computer and network skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Level 7 Qualification in Electrical Engineering, Automation & Control or electrical technician
- Previous experience as an electrician would be an advantage
- Experience with power monitoring systems programming is an advantage (PME/ION).
- Good understanding of factory automation products (PLC’s, HMI’s, Inverters, Software, Control Gear)
- Knowledge of SQL Server database management and scripting would be an advantage
- Have the ability to communicate on a technical level with our customers, offering advice and support on the implementation of control and automation products
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work collaboratively with clients to meet project specifications
- Possess good organisational skills
- Possess practical hands on skills
- Full clean driving license
- Must be able to travel country wide and abroad (if required)
What we can offer
- Premium Power offers the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing sector on a diverse range of technical, strategic and regulatory consultancy projects
- Market leading salaries
- Discretionary annual performance based bonus
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Flexible and friendly working environment
- High commitment by management to training and career development
Please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.