Website premium_power Premium Power
Striving for Excellence in Power Systems
Job Ref: RSPSE
Post Duration: 12 Month Contract
Reports to: Engineering Director
Premium Power is on a mission to provide best in class electrical engineering consulting on a global scale. We specialize in power systems, electrical safety and arc flash, we collaborate with an outstanding list of household names including Dell, Pfizer, GE and many more.
Our ambition is to be the leader in the provision of technology services for electrical energy systems and the optimization of power systems. We’ve made some great strides already and we’ve a lot more to do. Growing our team, we’re looking for a Senior Power Systems Engineer to join our team on a fully remote contract basis
About the job
Senior Power Systems Engineer
This 12 month contract role will provide you with the opportunity to work remotely on a full time basis.
The role will provide you with the full remit of power system engineering (PSE) analysis and consulting to leading clients in the technology, pharmaceutical, and construction sectors to help them diagnose, resolve and maintain optimum safety, productivity ,and performance.
If you are excited by electrical engineering, thrive in power systems and have previous experience in protection systems we would love to hear from you
To provide world class multi-disciplinary electrical engineering consulting in power reliability, safety and efficiency. We apply our expert knowledge and decades of experience to design optimal solutions to complex client challenges. Solutions can be hardware, software, consultancy or a combination of each. In so doing we’re able to ensure cross functional safe, reliable and cost-effective results.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Provide technical input and leadership on a variety of complex projects.
- Work closely with and interpret client requirements and translate into deliverables.
- Ensure project outputs meet client satisfaction, time and budgetary requirements.
- Conduct in-depth power systems analysis and produce feasibility studies.
- Prepare detailed technical and non-technical reports.
- Attend client meetings remotely, manage expectations through effective communications and timely responsiveness.
- Track and report on project performance and client satisfaction.
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior engineers. On-line training to be delivered were applicable.
- Become familiar with the companies quality system and try to enhance where possible.
- Have an active role in internal workshops and groups that benefits the companies growth.
- Be actively involved in the companies sales strategies, with previous experience and ideas welcome for enhancing the companies international portfolio.
Schedule – Monday-Friday 9am-5:30pm (GMT)
- Qualified Senior Electrical Engineer with 4-8 years of previous power systems study experience including short circuit, protection coordination and arc flash.
- Demonstrated experience with Power System Study software (SKM, EasyPower, ETAP, or similar)
- Experience in designing unit protection settings e.g. Bus and transformer differential 87B & 87T, Restricted Earth Fault, and Directional Protection 67.
- Ability to carry out cable sizing calculations according to the relevant standards such as IEC 60502-2 and IEC60364-5-52.
- Experience with Power quality and harmonic analysis would be favourable.
- Expert on design, calculations, and specifications associated with power system protection.
- Proven application of protection coordination studies.
- Superior relationship building and stakeholder management.
- Great attitude, willingness and adherence to live the Company values
- High performance
- Love of learning
- Customer focused
- Fluent in English with excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Directly reporting to the Engineering Director
- Strong working relationship with senior management team
Our offer to you
- The opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and growing team providing best in class electrical engineering consulting on a global scale.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of outstanding clients & industries
- Excellent learning & development opportunities to support you in the role
- The opportunity to engage with our high performing team, remotely and at a minimum on a bi weekly basis.
- Fully remote contract position promoting flexibility & enabling you to work from anywhere in the world.
- Full range of remote working equipment.
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting projects
- A supportive company culture that encourages performance and learning.
Premium Power is on a mission to provide best-in-class electrical engineering consultancy on a global scale. We specialize in power systems, electrical safety, and arc flash, we collaborate with an outstanding list of household names including Dell, Pfizer, GE, and many more. Our ambition is to be the leader in the provision of technology services for electrical energy systems and the optimization of power systems.
2022 delivered over 100 projects
Our clients are 65% based in Ireland & UK with 35% European & global projects
Please apply using the form below
Please quote Job Reference RSPSE