About the job
At Premium Power we challenge and develop our engineers to meet their true capability.
We are currently looking for Power Systems Engineers who wish to expand their engineering knowledge and are keen to undertake new challenges.
Premium Power is on a mission to provide best-in-class electrical engineering consulting on a global scale. We specialize in power systems, electrical safety and arc flash and we collaborate with an outstanding list of household names including Dell, Pfizer, GE and many more.
Our ambition is to be the leader in the provision of technology services for electrical energy systems and the optimization of power systems. We’ve made some great strides already and we’ve a lot more to do. Growing our team, we’re looking for Power Systems Engineers to join us.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical input and leadership on a variety of complex projects.
- Work closely with and interpret client requirements and translate them into deliverables.
- Ensure project outputs meet client satisfaction, time and budgetary requirements.
- Conduct in-depth power systems analysis.
- Prepare detailed technical and non-technical reports.
- Attend client meetings remotely and manage expectations through effective communications and timely responsiveness.
- Track and report on project performance and client satisfaction.
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior engineers. On-line training to be delivered where applicable.
- Become familiar with the company’s quality system and try to enhance it where possible.
- Have an active role in internal workshops and groups that benefit the company’s growth.
- Be actively involved in the company’s sales strategies, with previous experience and ideas welcome for enhancing the company’s international portfolio.
- Travel to/from Head Office (Dublin – Balbriggan) as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified Electrical Engineer with 3+ years of previous power systems study experience including short circuit, protection coordination and arc flash.
- Demonstrated experience with Power System Study software (SKM, EasyPower, ETAP, or similar).
- Experience in designing unit protection settings e.g. Bus and transformer differential 87B & 87T, Restricted Earth Fault, and Directional Protection 67.
- Ability to carry out cable sizing calculations according to the relevant standards such as IEC 60502-2 and IEC60364-5-52.
- Experience with Power quality and harmonic analysis would be favourable.
- Expert on design, calculations, and specifications associated with power system protection.
- Proven application of protection coordination studies.
- Superior relationship building and stakeholder management.
- High performance with a love of learning.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication, written and verbal.
- Full driving licence and access to own transport.
What we can offer
- Generous remuneration package.
- Generous Annual leave entitlements (25 days).
- Flexible working schedule (including the opportunity to finish early on a Friday depending on your chosen hours).
- Hybrid working model – based out of Munster region but travel to the office in Dublin required on ad-hoc basis
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme (on successful probation pass).
- 100% non-contributory Health Insurance Scheme (on one year’s service).
- High commitment by management to training and career development.
- Supportive and friendly working environment.
- Generous expenses.
- Laptop and a full suite of home working equipment.
- Free on-site parking.
- Paid membership fees of professional organisation (e.g. Engineers Ireland).
Only candidates who are legally authorized to work in Ireland will be considered.
*PLEASE NOTE – Applications via email will not be considered*
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.