About the job
About Premium Power Ltd.
Premium Power is a dynamic engineering company focused on mission-critical reliability for electrical power systems in high-technology processes. We work closely with our industrial, data centre and utility clients to ensure improvements in electrical system reliability and to resolve complex electrical-related problems.
Details of the role
Due to expansion, we are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our team. We seek a bright, ambitious and motivated individual with a passion for recruitment and a genuine interest in recruiting transformational talent to join our team.
This is a standalone role and the successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of HR functions across the business and for promoting a cooperative working environment among employees and management.
HR Manager – Full-time (Permanent)
Reporting to: The Managing Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process by drafting job specifications, posting job ads, identifying talent through the use of LinkedIn Recruiter, screening applicants and arranging interviews, while liaising with the relevant hiring managers or recruitment agencies where appropriate.
- Implement the organization’s mission and talent strategy while identifying, evaluating and solving hiring challenges.
- Proactively identify improvements to the recruiting process.
- Liaise with Universities and Colleges for the recruitment of interns and graduates.
- Design and implement the company’s retention strategy, including conducting and analysing employee experience surveys with the aim of improving the retention rate within the company.
- Conduct exit surveys and analyse retention statistics to inform the company’s retention strategy.
- Support the company’s application for the Great Place to Work certification.
- Develop and implement of onboarding schedules including liaison with the QHS Officer and IT to ensure all relevant training and technology setup for new starters.
- Manage and run HR induction for new employees and contractors outside of Ireland.
- Conduct the 30-60-90 day check-in to ensure a smooth settling-in period, discuss training needs and to support the new starter.
Leave & Payroll
- Tracking and recording of annual leave, sick leave & other leaves.
- Assisting in payroll preparation with our external payroll provider by providing relevant data (e.g. absences, bonuses and leave).
- Review, update and implement HR policies and procedures in collaboration with Senior Management,
- Good knowledge of Irish Employment Legislation and proactive in implementing policies surrounding changes in legislation and education of changes to Senior Management. Legislation.
- Update the legal Register in conjunction with QHS.
Grievance & Disciplinary
- Manage all employee issues including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, etc.
Learning & Development
- Work with Senior Management to develop and maintain a middle-management layer within the company, supporting middle managers with their development as future leaders.
- Manage L&D initiatives including our ‘Development Day’ to encourage employee learning and development. Identify other training opportunities for our employees.
- Liaise with external training providers where necessary on both soft-skill and technical training.
- Maintenance of all HR files in the strictest confidence.
- Be the point of contact for general HR queries and provide guidance and support to Managers on all HR processes, programmes, policies and initiatives.
- Liaise with Marketing Manager on Branding for Talent Acquisition
- Monitor employee Work Permits, Visas, probationary periods, etc. on an ongoing basis.
- Maintenance of the company’s pension scheme, health insurance scheme and TaxSaver transport tickets.
- Contribute to team effort with other departments to ensure seamless business plan execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values.
- Any other duties, as deemed necessary, that fall within the remit and level of the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- CIPD accreditation with 3+ years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, great communication skills required both verbal and written.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Irish Employment Legislation.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- High standards of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity.
- Self-starter with ability to drive own workloads in a highly dynamic environment.
- Experience in recruiting for roles where candidates are in short supply would be helpful.
- Proficiency in and knowledge of recruiting tools, resources and processes.
What we can offer
- Generous remuneration package.
- Generous Annual leave entitlements (25 days).
- Flexible working schedule (including the opportunity to finish early on a Friday depending on your chosen hours).
- Hybrid working model once onboarded (3 days in office, 2 days from home).
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus.
- Company contributory pension scheme (on successful probation pass).
- 100% non-contributory Health Insurance Scheme (on one year’s service).
- High commitment by management to training and career development.
- Supportive and friendly working environment.
- Generous expenses.
- Laptop and a full suite of home working equipment.
- Free on-site parking.
- Paid membership fees of professional organisation (e.g. CIPD).
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your experience and suitability for this role.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.