The Position – HR Officer
About Premium Power Ltd.
Premium Power is a dynamic engineering company focused on mission critical reliability for electrical power systems in high technology processes.
We work closely with our industrial, data centre and utility clients to ensure improvements in electrical system reliability and to resolve complex electrical-related problems.
Details of the role
Due to expansion we are looking for an experienced HR Officer to join our team ASAP. We seek a bright, ambitious and motivated individual with a passion for recruitment and a genuine interest in recruiting transformational talent to join our team.
The role will be responsible for the coordination of HR functions across the business and to promote a co-operative working environment among employees and management.
This is a part-time role (10h/week)
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the recruitment process through drafting job specifications, posting job ads online, screening applicants and arranging first round interviews, while liaising with the relevant hiring managers or recruitment agencies where appropriate
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all onboarding/training documentation and materials company wide
- Review, update and implement HR policies and procedures in collaboration with Senior Management
- Assisting in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (e.g. absences, bonus and leaves)
- Maintenance of all HR files in the strictest confidence
- Monitor employee visa restrictions, probationary periods, etc. on an ongoing basis
- Proactively identify improvements to the recruiting process
- Be the point of contact for general HR queries and provide guidance and support to Managers on all HR processes, programmes, policies and initiatives.
- Manage all employee issues including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, etc
- Contributes to team effort with other departments to ensure seamless business plan execution, reinforce positive morale, and uphold company values
- Any other duties, as deemed necessary, that fall within the remit and level of the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a minimum 3rd level education or be working towards a qualification. CIPD accreditation desired but not essential
- Ideally + 2 years experience in HR. Experience working in engineering would be preferred but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail, great communication skills required both verbal and written
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- High standards of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity
- Self-starter with ability to drive own workloads in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in recruiting for roles where candidates are in short supply would be helpful
- Proficiency in and knowledge of recruiting tools, resources and processes
What we can offer
- Excellent career development and generous remuneration package.
- High commitment by management to training and career development
- Supportive and friendly working environment
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Generous Annual leave entitlements
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Generous expenses
- Laptop and full suite of home working equipment
- Paid membership fees of professional organisation
- Excellent CPD programme
- Health Insurance
Please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your and suitability for this role to email@example.com
Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the EU.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.