About the job
At Premium Power we challenge and develop our engineers to meet their true capability.
We are currently looking for Graduate Power Systems Engineers who wish to expand their engineering knowledge and are keen to undertake new challenges.
Premium Power is on a mission to provide best in class electrical engineering consulting on a global scale. We specialize in power systems, electrical safety and arc flash and we collaborate with an outstanding list of household names including Dell, Pfizer, GE and many more.
Our ambition is to be the leader in the provision of technology services for electrical energy systems and the optimization of power systems. We’ve made some great strides already and we’ve a lot more to do. Growing our team, we’re looking for a Power Systems Engineer to join us.
Purpose of the Role:
- To work as a power engineer on a range of exciting projects for global clients in a rewarding team environment.
- To develop technical and solution development skills to develop into an industry recognised consulting engineer.
- The position would suit a practical and adaptable individual who wishes to work in a progressive innovative electrical consultancy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn to conduct power systems analysis using software simulation tools to create an “electrical digital twin” and analyse electrical power system dynamics, transients and protection.
- Work with hyperscale data centre and pharmaceutical clients to optimise their electrical system design for maximum reliability and utilising sustainable power sources.
- Get trained on developing innovative solution designs.
- We will teach you to conduct electrical risk analysis and management.
- Provide technical input and leadership on a variety of complex projects.
- Work closely with and interpret client requirements and translate into deliverables.
- Ensure project outputs meet client satisfaction, time and budgetary requirements.
- Conduct in-depth power systems analysis.
- Prepare detailed technical and non-technical reports.
- Attend client meetings remotely, manage expectations through effective communications and timely responsiveness.
- Track and report on project performance and client satisfaction.
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior engineers. On-line training to be delivered where applicable.
- Become familiar with the company’s quality system and try to enhance where possible.
- Have an active role in internal workshops and groups that benefit the company’s growth.
- Be actively involved in the company’s sales strategies, with previous experience and ideas welcome for enhancing the companies international portfolio.
Typical projects include:
- Strategic power system analysis: redundancy, short circuit, power flow, protection coordination
- Electrical safety analysis: arc flash and electrical risk assessments.
- Grid connection and embedded generation connections analysis: static & dynamic transient stability, harmonics, flicker, transformer inrush.
- Power quality evaluation: earthing, harmonics, sag ride-through.
- Electrical systems reliability assessments.
- Software based analysis solutions.
- Supporting wind project and installation teams.
- Emerging technology reviews.
- Failure investigations and advice.
Experience and Qualifications:
- The applicant should have a Primary (Hons) or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering – Power discipline.
- Applicants must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Suitable to graduates with a desire to learn and develop into competent consulting engineer.
- Full clean driver’s license and valid passport.
- The role will require occasional travel to client sites within Ireland and occasionally abroad.
- Above all to show enthusiasm and passion to succeed.
- Qualified Electrical Engineer with 3+ years of previous power systems study experience including short circuit, protection coordination and arc flash.
- Demonstrated experience with Power System Study software (SKM, EasyPower, ETAP, or similar).
- Experience in designing unit protection settings e.g. Bus and transformer differential 87B & 87T, Restricted Earth Fault, and Directional Protection 67.
- Ability to carry out cable sizing calculations according to the relevant standards such as IEC 60502-2 and IEC60364-5-52.
- Experience with Power quality and harmonic analysis would be favourable.
- Expert on design, calculations, and specifications associated with power system protection.
- Proven application of protection coordination studies.
- Superior relationship building and stakeholder management.
- High performance with a love of learning.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication, written and verbal.
What we can offer
- Excellent career development, award winning projects and an excellent remuneration package.
- High commitment by management to training and career development
- Premium Power employees work on interesting projects in a supportive and friendly environment, whilst earning market leading salaries.
- Premium Power offers the opportunity to work within an exciting and growing sector on a diverse range of technical, strategic and regulatory consultancy projects for various industries: Data Centres, Pharma, Medical, Semi Conductor, Food & Beverage, Heavy Industry, etc.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Generous Annual leave entitlements
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Generous expenses and laptop
- Paid membership fees for one professional institute
- Excellent CPD programme
- Health Insurance
Only candidates who are legally authorized to work in Ireland will be considered.
*PLEASE NOTE – Applications via email will not be considered*
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.