the cause of power quality disturbances using advanced power forensics.
POWER MONITORING SYSTEMS
Large scale facilities have come around to the benefits of incorporating power monitoring systems as part of their process control as well as the standard building management systems. We can work with you to get the best from your power monitoring system, commissioning and verifying the energy and power systems for compliance with EN 16247-1 for energy audits.
OPTIMISE BUSINESS RELIABILITY AND CONTINUITY
the aging of breaker contacts to avoid failures and enable proactive maintenance.
and monitor protection settings to ensure proper isolation of faults to avoid outages.
system capacity to avoid overloads and ensure backup systems are able to handle loads.
Premium Power are one of few companies to achieve the coveted EcoXpert Master Partner status from Schneider Electric for our Critical Power systems and solutions. Receiving this certification demonstrates our expertise in designing and deploying of energy management systems, implementing advanced metering networks, power quality management and world-class software tools to assist large and critical sites manage energy costs, improve the reliability of their electrical systems and optimise equipment performance.
POWER MONITORING EXPERT 2021
Power Monitoring Expert (PME) is the power monitoring system our engineers use to give insight into electrical power quality and energy efficiency so you can make informed decisions to keep your site reliable and cost efficient.
The newest version of PME, is a leap-forward in what was already the world’s most powerful energy and power quality management system. The new features include cyber security, alarm management and third party integration. It connects to smart devices across your electrical system allowing real-time power and equipment monitoring with a customisable and intuitive interface.
SIMPLIFY REPORTING AND COMPLIANCE
- Align with energy efficiency and green building standards
- Track energy performance indicators
- Verify utility/grid service and internal compliance to power quality standards
- In healthcare facilities, ensure regulatory compliance with backup power system testing
- Comply with common IT practices and align with cybersecurity best practices
KEEP PEOPLE AND ASSETS SAFER
- Monitor breaker protection settings and ensure proper breaker operation and fault isolation to avoid safety hazards
- Operate breakers remotely to minimize exposure to arc-flash risk
- Detect abnormal conditions, such as rising busbar temperatures, that represent a risk to safety and operations
- Protect user safety by monitoring and locating circuit insulation faults
One of the many great features of PME is its ability to pull data from various different sources. This enables us to provide advanced solutions that monitor various metrics that have adverse effects on electrical systems, one of which is partial discharge and heat data. Using passive, wireless temperature sensors and partial discharge analysers that can be integrated into PME, we can help you to better understand your electrical system and ensure its running safely and reliably.
PREMIUM POWER - THE COMPLETE SERVICE OFFERING
- Specifying and supplying all metering devices gives us full visibility of the entire planned network, allowing for optimal solution design.
- Early involvement allows for overall system network documentation, drawings of system block layout and network schedule to be produced.
- Full system network communication requirements can be managed, and requirements in terms of switches and racks be finalised and specified.
POST COMMISSIONING CLIENT SUPPORT
- Crucially the client has single contact for all issues relating to the PMS.
- Our in depth device knowledge and troubleshooting tools when identifying source of communication / system problems.
- Meter firmware is kept updated to latest versions ensuring that they are supported with future power monitoring software versions.
- As we stock spare devices time can be dramatically saved. This also aids troubleshooting and ensures that commissioning can be completed in the shortest possible time.
- Meter firmware and metering setup can be customised for an Out-of-the-box version.
- Liaising with the switchgear providers to ensure that wiring, signal status and communication wiring are confirmed and signed off prior to site commissioning. This can save a lot of time later. Incomplete/ Incorrect wiring can happen quite routinely .
FEATURED CASE STUDY
Gilead Sciences - Power Monitoring System
Gilead Sciences Ireland is responsible for the manufacturing, packaging and distribution of products throughout Europe and other international locations. We worked closely with Gilead’s engineering department to install a specialist power monitor system (PMS), Power Monitoring Expert 7.2, at their Carrigtwohill plant, Co. Cork. The PMS is used to log and report on the sites W.A.G.E.S. usage and record any power quality events.
”"The ability to measure and monitor energy usage in any plant is a key component to effective and efficient use of the site's resources."Michal SopockoEngineering Director